Thursday, August 23, 2012

This is Dangerous.

This is it, folks.

I think I'm addicted to sewing.

I just finished a project of FIVE bridesmaid dresses - each containing close to 30 pieces. They took me several months to complete. I thought I would be dying to stop sewing for awhile, after they were done.

Two days after I passed the last one on to the waiting bridesmaid, the urge to sew was overwhelming.

But I held off. "You're crazy," I told myself.

Self didn't listen.

I gave the last bridesmaid dress away on the 13th. Ten days ago.

For the last three nights, I've stayed up until or near midnight, out at our kitchen table - machine clattering softly, scissors snipping. The first night, the urge to make a new skirt hit me at 8:30 pm. I've never started a sewing project at 9:00 at night....but there's a first for everything!

I liked the experience so much, I've repeated it twice now.

Actually...correction: I didn't really care for the experience. I'm dead tired from 10:15 onward. My eyes get dry and my neck hurts. The next morning, I sleep in too late, (I like to be an early riser), and my whole morning is thrown off.

Yet still I continue. Driven by some unseen force - some wild, crazy urge to sew.

And sew I do.


1 comment:

  1. I am also addicted to sewing. :) I have spent many a late night, just to finish a project. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I love it when you want to join in the talk here at "In My Mirror"! Please remember to keep your remarks polite and appropriate. Comments make my day!