Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Begin!

Well, welcome to In My Mirror! This is my first post, and I'll just jump right into things. If you want to know more about this blog, please read "Why Be Different?" and "How I Do Things," at the top of this page.

Today I was just doing things around the house, mainly computer work and music practice, and this is what I was wearing. In fact, it's what I'm still wearing, though I really should be wearing my pajamas. :) (Don't believe what time the computer says I'm publishing this!) Sorry for the poor lighting in the picture.

Meet five staple pieces of my closet:
brown skirt - made by me
red cardigan - ancient hand-me-down
white sweater - goodwill or K-mart (can't remember which)
Grey tights - K-mart
Brown ballet flats - Payless, on sale

I'm also wearing a new-to-me scarf, from Goodwill ($2.00)
and a statement necklace from Goodwill

The fun thing about this brown skirt is that, out of all the things I've made, it's the one for which I get asked the most often, "Where'd you buy that?" Nice achievement for a seamstress. :) I didn't use a pattern on this one.

The scarf, which you can't see very well, has red, white, black, and forest green in it, in a western print. It's folded diagonally and tied in a basic knot. Today is the first time I've ever worn a necklace and scarf at the same time, and it worked!

The thing I like about scarves is that they tie an outfit together. The separate pieces really had nothing in common until the print of the scarf gave them permission to reside next to each other, so to speak.

Here's a closer picture. If you look closely, you can see the black-and-silver necklace under the scarf. I have my hair straightened today. It takes an hour to straighten all my hair, so I don't do it very often, but it was fun for today, since I wasn't in a rush to go anywhere. :)

This outfit was comfortable, warm enough for the weather, and made me feel like I had a job to accomplish today. I love the deep colors, and the cardigan is cozy and makes me happy. :) :) :)

Now I shall go find those pajamas...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you want to join in the talk here at "In My Mirror"! Please remember to keep your remarks polite and appropriate. Comments make my day!