Monday, February 27, 2012

Soft and Rough


This was a stay-at-home-most-of-the-day outfit. But I think, if I remember correctly, we also had guests in the evening. I was in the kitchen for a good part of the day, and I shed the jean jacket for part of that time. Aprons just weren't made to go over jean jackets.

Jean Jacket - hand-me-up from younger sister, who got it as a hand-me-down from someone else
T-Shirt with flowers under jacket - You can't see it well, but I made it myself
Maxi skirt - I bought a sundress at Goodwill for $4 because I liked the fabric. I cut off what little top there was, and turned it into a maxi skirt. It's knit fabric, and very comfy!
Second shirt, greyish purple - This isn't shown, but later in the day I added a second shirt underneath my T-shirt. I bought it at a yard-sale, and it's very skimpy in the neckline department, but it is nice and long, and added some length to my upper half.
Boots - Aaaaand, you can't see but a peep of toe, but I'm wearing my new-to-me boots from Goodwill ($5.00)

I like the combination of wearing "rougher" clothes (jacket and boots) with softer things, like a flowing skirt and pink T-shirt with flowers. It balances out everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love it when you want to join in the talk here at "In My Mirror"! Please remember to keep your remarks polite and appropriate. Comments make my day!